30-minute protein muffins
Updated: Jun 16, 2020
Get a delicious protein-fix any time of the day with our easy egg muffins.
From ham and tomato to red onion and feta, you can even try out a new combo for each batch you make.
You will need a muffin tin and baking paper or muffin cups if your muffin tin is non-stick.
6 x eggs
2 x spring onions – chopped
1 x pinch of salt
1 x pinch of pepper
Choose your flavour :
Spicy pepper and corn
1 x red pepper – de-seeded and chopped into small cubes
200g x tinned corn – drained
1 x teaspoon tabasco
Red onion, feta cheese and spinach
1 x red onion – chopped into small cubes
50g x feta cheese – crumbled
Ham, tomato and basil
50g x ham – sliced
50g x cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
10g x basil leaves – chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ 390F.
2. Put your choice of ingredients into a bowl with the chopped spring onions.
3. Add in the eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Grease the muffin tin with oil or butter. Line them with kitchen paper if your tin is non-stick.
5. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin slots.
6. Pop the tray into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
7. Once cooked, let cool and eat to your heart’s content.
If you have any left over, keep them refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Heating your muffins up? Cook for 30-60 seconds in the microwave.